Thursday, August 16, 2007

I think one of my bil's 18 wheelers hit me

Hi everyone. I have to apologize from my heart for not sending out the squash books. Laurie, I lost your e-mail somehow, so if you read this, please send it again. I will be going home on Saturday, unless my uncle dies before then---yes, you heard right. I haven't had time to grieve and I am still going to funerals and visiting dying family.

Spent the night at my dad's with my younger sister and it was nice. Going to visit him tomorrow before I leave. Then when I return Again in a week, I will stay a couple of nights with him.

Will package the books and mail them out. I am never late for swaps and I just feel horrible, especially since I had planned on a special birthday giveaway, so maybe I'll have a Spooky one in October.

Could someone please come and rub and back, feet, and give me my injection. I can't find anyone to do it for me and Brenda is not here.

Our shop is looking good and should be opening up soon. We are looking for someone to do a web site for us---everything is ready, but the merchandise, but Brenda is leaving for Atlanta tomorrow, so can't wait. At least it will keep me busy and my mind occupied---daytime anyway.

Well, hope all of you in Texas aren't getting flooded. We did get some rain and cool weather from it and now just watching what Dean is going to do. Have a great weekend and hopefully will have something good to post when I return. Big Hugs to all of you for all your prayers and well wishes.

14 comments:

Amy said...

Please take care of yourself.
Amy

marylou said...

I am sending you a virtual foot rub:-) AND, I am keeping you and yours in my prayers.
Take care!
Hugs, Marylou

a Pocket Angel said...

Pat, My heart goes out to you... PLEASE take care of your self! I know what you are going through. A while back I lost both parents in 2 months time and then in a matter of months I lost 4 other realitives. I got very very depressed. So be careful. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers! ~Mary~ :-}

The Urban Chic said...

Thank you Amy, marylou, and Mary for your thoughtfulness. The hardest thing was writing the thank you cards. I am hoping to get some rest this week with everyone gone and a little time to myself. Hugs, Pat

a Pocket Angel said...

Pat, Sorry I could not find your email address. Could you please email me at isabellascloset@aol.com and I will get back to you.
Thanks so much! Take care..... ~Mary~ :-}

The Urban Chic said...

Mary, will send you an e-mail---just came home yesterday.

Paula said...

Ah, Pat, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My dad passed away four years ago and it was incredibly difficult. I'm sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Take care of yourself.

Linda said...

I am passing on the Creative Blogger Award to you ... for your inspiration in creating interesting and innovative craft items, like your squash books and your altered art.
Stop by my blog to get the award and then pass it on to some other creative bloggers.


In My Canadian Garden

a Pocket Angel said...

Pat, I just wanted to stop by and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a lovely day and that you do something very special! Take care.. you are in my toughts and prayers.
Hugs & Love to a GREAT Gal!!~Mary~ :-}

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Pat:
I hope you are feeling better! Happy Birthday to You!!!
Have a nice easy day : )
carole

marylou said...

Happy Birthday Pat:-) Wishing you a joyful day filled with lots of...... cake and ice cream:-)WOOHOO!!
Hugs, Marylou

Genevieve said...

Happy Birthday! I am so sorry things have been so difficult lately for you and your friend. Take care!

Mary said...

Pat,Hope you had a Happy Birthday,
with cake,ice cream and visits from some of your family and friends.
I received my squash book in the mail and it is so cute:) That is a lot of work! I have not decided how you made it yet,I will have to get Brandy to tell me how :) Thank you so very much and for the pretty card too.
Big Birthday Hugs,Mary

The Urban Chic said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and wishing me a Happy Birthday. It was a little difficult and I really didn't do anything, then when my dad called to wish me Happy Birthday, I cried. Hugs, Pat

ps. Mary, glad you like it. If I can find the time, I will try and give instructions.