Friday, December 14, 2007

Great time in New York


Okay, so we didn't get to see a lot of snow, but it was fun just the same. This is my wonderful Son Donnie.
When we got there, he wanted me to open my gifts, but I wanted to wait till later, but they got me some beautiful cashmere from Christopher Fisher and a gingerbread from Annalee collection.
Now I have to tell you, I fear ladders and heights, but it has been one of the things on my wish list, to go to the top of The Empire State Building, but every time I tried, there was no visiability, so here I am, not a bit nervous or weak knees. It was beautiful and I wanted to stay up there forever and soak in the view.
I even leaned over the side with my camera strapped to my wrist to take pictures. It wasn't how I pictured in from the movies---they must have added the gifts shops where Cary Grant walked out of the elevator and the little boy from Sleepless in Seattle.
Now this is the way to see NYC. If you look at the top right between the dark buildings, that is where the Twin Towers stood. They have started the Freedom Towers, but they have green tarps across the fench, so you have to go up where the gifts shops where to see, but not very good pictures, because of the screening.
Now how would you like these giant balls in your yard and the tree is
gorgeous. I like this one better than the one I seen 3 years ago--more
colorful.




This is just one of the many windows
that I took pictures of. I will post more
later. I have lots of cards to get out in the
mail. I can't wait to go back.

No comments: