Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Quiet After the Storm


Well here I am with an updated picture from very short to long hair. This was taken the night Gustav hit and it was taken in complete darkness.



This is my backyard after Ike. We had it all cleared and now it's a complete mess again, but tomorrow I will be getting out there and doing some cleaning and pruning.



After seeing what others went through and will be faced with WHEN they get to return home, it just doesn't seem important that I lost some plants--I cannot imagine what they are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with all of them.

I have been busy organizing my craft room. I have some things to start on, but needed to clear the desk.




Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for both the storms and my poor little foot.




To say that I am Hurricane Fatigued is an under statement. That's what Bush calls it. Ike pretty much spared us except for all the rain we got. If this were close to Easter, we could hide eggs really good in the long grass.




One of the great joys of today is that a cool front is coming and we already have temps in the 60s and wearing this fashionable white stocking is not fun in the heat.


2 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Praying for you..and hoping all is well.. our grass is WAY long too.. we got some much rain way up here in Illinois , I can't imagine what you got there.

We've had sink holes..roads collaspe and a house sliding down..
love ya
Deena

Love the new hair!!

The Urban Chic said...

Thanks Deena. My son's flight was cancelled when it hit Chicago and he didn't want to sleep in the Airport at Newwark, so he rescheduled his flight for the next day. I have seen the pics from up north and it's devasting what Ike has done to so many states.
As for the hair, thanks, but it will soon be gone---I have been growing it for Locks of Love as did my dil and gd. We did it out of love for all of you suffering from cancer. Love Ya, Pat