Thursday, January 8, 2009

These are some of the cool stuff I found during some thrifting days. The glasses are my favorite and my mom had these when we were young. The little kitty was too cute to pass up and my string is ready when I need it.




I
I scooped up the pink sewing box filled with old wooden spools that sold for 15 cents, but not sure how old they are. The ornament is Eloise and is a Christopher Radko, which I don't collect, but was too adorable.













Some more of the fun stuff I found at a thrift store and Goodwill. The little crown is very tiny and will probably fit a doll. I love the beaded flowers and may use them on something altered.












































These are just a few of the vintage cards Chris sent to me. She sent me lots of cute little Valentines that we used to make boxes at school with a slit in them and pass them around. Oh why did I throw out mine, is beyond me. You can click on the photos to see a better view of them.





































































I wish you could feel the cards with their flocking and glitter, but I just love these. Some are not even signed.






























































































This is another vintage card from Chris that I just love. Not sure what I will make with it, but it's too pretty to mess up!





















































































I found this neat shadow box at Caring Hands, but a man was already buying it and I didn't know, but when he heard me talking to the lady about my son not being able to come home for Christmas and I had a display of NYC things, he said I could have it. What a sweet man.













































5 comments:

The Urban Chic said...

Could someone please tell me why my pictures get spaced so far apart. I don't hit enter, so I guess I need to read up more about blogging. I see everyone's pictures and the posts are where they are supposed to be and I can't figure out why mine look so bad. Thanks, Pat

Miss Rhea said...

Hi Pat, Lots of great cards and vintage goodies !! I have no idea why your pictures are coming out that way. Do you do your posting in the HTML section or the other one where you can see the pictures after you upload them ? I always do mine in there ( not html )and move them around. I hope someone knows and can help you ! Have a wonderful weekend !! :)

Anonymous said...

I just read your last post and my heart is broken. Poor Joyce. Im headed her way next. You found some wonderful treasures. I miss thrifting but just too busy to go. Take care and I hope you are feeling better~

Diane Mars said...

Pat, I am not able to help I always load my pictures in my Post and then add my copy. Thank You for visiting my blog I love the visitors! Maybe my sister could help you her Blog is Cottagecozy.blogspot .com tell her I sent you over!
Hugs, Diane
PS Sorry so short I am babysitting 1 of our granddaughters tonight

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Pat:
Perhaps you could ask Mary (IsabellasCloset) about the spacing of the photos. I am so illiterate : (
I love the 2 little dolls and that tiny crown!!! I wish i could find thrift stores that have neat stuff like you do!!!
Take care and I hope your back feels better.
Peace
carole