Monday, March 22, 2010

More Finished pieces

I just finished these two little cabinets but the first one is going to a friend on Thursday. These both are pieces that Al made but were in green and oak color. My friend Carol's bathroom is white with colored walls and accents. We don't have that much to do with her bathroom, but now that it is warming up from a long winter, we can finish the work. We didn't want to hammer either with the new baby there.


This is a cute piece I had in my hall and will now be used in my craft room or kitchen later. I am going to paint my cabinets white and look for a pretty pink rose wall paper and do pink accents in it. I have a couple of my watermelons that have pink, so I won't get rid of those. A lot of it will go into my blog store, even though it pains me to see it go, I need the money for surgery (copay). We used to sell furniture and I asked Al last night if he would start building them again, because I think I can get people down here to like pink, but will keep most of them white or unfinished which will be cheaper if you buy unfinished. The prices  at the Unfinished Store are really high and Al does good work, so keep your fingers crossed that he will do it.

I have car rosaries to make and  finish my giveaway, but since I am including overseas, there won't be many extras in it, only things very light like ribbons and lace. Stay tuned at the end of the week. Have a great day and let your Light Shine on others.

Proverb 58

You give but little when you
give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself
that you truly give.
Hahlil Bibran

4 comments:

Nettie said...

Love your painted pieces...they're great...the little picket fence door on the cabinet is very cute

The Urban Chic said...

Thanks Nettie. I painted the one with the picket fench for Carol (Cajun) for her bathroom. We started re-modeling her bathroom last year while Kaden was still in the hospital. Al and I bought her a new bathbut, a space saver for over her toilet, a medicine cabinet and we are going to paint, wallpaper, and finsh her floors. So far it's looking good, but it will be great when we finish. I see the doctor today about having my girlies reduced. The neck pain is bad and I have some generative disks that don't help. The surgery is very painful, but my back, neck and shoulder are really bad. I also am going to see about getting new glasses as I can hardly see the monitor. I want an extra pair just for the computer instead of bending my neck back to post. I still have my big hutch he made m to sand, prime, and paint white, then gong to try and sell my dining oom set. I'm going with white cabinets and pink wall. So as soon as the roof is finished on my large craft room, we will enclose the walls and have to pack up so much for him to do that, but it will be worth it when it's finished. Love Ya, Pat

Connie said...

Got your email, sugar, and I am here. Will talk soon with you. :-)
xoxoxoxoxo,
Connie

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Sooooo cute. Hate a great Easter week.