Saturday, July 3, 2010

FruFru crafting

What does one do when the doctor tells you to take it easy. Well I go into my messy craft room and pull out projects that needed to be finish, but I couldn't find enough things to really frufru up my birdhouse. It's still a work in progress, but at least you can see how far I have gotten with it. My inspiration came from Connie at Living Beautifully and she does some super great things that I thought I would give it a try. At first I was just going to paint and decoupage, but I went a little further than that. I have a cute white bird to put on the perch and a few more things like flowers. I have a round top one that I want to start working on but have put all the things away for the 4th of July bar b cue that we are having tomorrow. Wishing you all a Happy 4Th with your families. Honest opinions are always welcome. Love and hugs, Pat





4 comments:

Connie said...

Yipppeeeeeeeeee, I'm glad you're doing one also, sweetpea!!!! Darling. Aren't they fun to do. Love the way you are doing yours.
xoxo,
Connie

Nettie said...

Beautiful Pat...you've really done a wonderful job on your birdhouse

The Urban Chic said...

Thanks Connie and Nettie. I want to start on the other one, but need to finish this one first. I just have a few more embellishments to put on it, then it's going to stay in my craft room for now. I am hoping to move home soon, but with the mold, that has to be removed and cleaned up first, even though the tiny room will be torn down. Love and hugs, Pat

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Pat~ Now that is some serious froufrouing! I love that birdhouse! Especially after you added the pretty papers, the pearls, and the lace to the bottom. Oh, and I also love the glitter! Is that a lace applique on the roof? What a great idea!

Hope you had a wonderful 4th! We just found out we are going to have a new little grandson!


Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angleic Accents