Monday, July 12, 2010

More wedding pictures of us

We did not have a lot of pictures taken, but here are 3 more of us alone. I have one with my 2 children, but not sure what I did with that one. They didn't know that Al was not their biological father until the ages of 4 and 6. My daughter cried because she thought she was losing her "daddy", but we told her that he loved her so much that she was his daughter and would always be her daddy. I thought that was too young to tell them, but the social worker who was in charge with the adoption said it had to be done. She even spoke with them in private about how they felt about Al, their daddy. My little girl cried all day until her daddy returned from work and assured her he was not going to leave her ever. The adoption process was as ugly as a bad divorce, on the part of their dads. She has met her biological dad, but my son has no intention of ever wanting to meet him. How does a man reject his first born and never want to see him is beyoung my comprehension!!!! But it's his lost because my son is a better man because of Al. He is also keeping his half brother and sister from getting to know him and that bothers my son.



Al's friends wanted him to smash the cake in my face, but I had already warned him, that I would not like that at all and he was a gentlemen about it. They called him a woose for not doing it. I think even with an informal wedding, it's not good etiquette to do such things. We will be married 39 years come November and we are getting back together soon. We still have a few things to work out and hopefully by January, I will be back with him, So please keep us in your prayers.


I had to show you this funny picture from my Senior year. I hated the way they wanted me to look like I was pushing a wheel barrow. Silly, but I had to say with the photographer. My mom made the dress I am wearing as she made most of my clothes and she was a very good seamtress. That is one I wish I still had. It was a pale mint green with white collar and cuffs.

                                                          My brother's dog died, but luckily, we found a man who knew him and he gave his yellow lab to him and my brother is doing so much better having a best friend again. His name is Rocky and although he is not pure breed, he is more lab than anything. Robert had a hard life, but worked while disabled for a very long time,because he can't sit still. I've been doing my best to make sure he eats and takes care of himself. I haven't seen him this happy in a very long time. Needless to say, he is lucky to be alive, because he was being over medicated and was like a drunk all the time and was in a wheel chair and now he is free from that and walking most of the time without his walker. He can even run now, but with the brace, he reminds me of Forrest Gump when he was running.

                                                             Have a wonderful day all of you sweet bloggers. Love and hugs, Pat

2 comments:

Amy said...

Fun to hear all the news. Love the wedding photos and other photos, and news of your brother and his improvement. I am glad you are educating me on your southern ways when you stop by my blog ...it is so interesting that I have not tried salt on watermelon. I think I will do that this week!!!
Thanks Pat :)
Amy

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Such wonderful wedding pictures. And you KNOW how much I love weddings! :0)

So fun to see you both so happy ~ your wedding cake was sooo pretty with all the roses on it. Love your special wedding suit, too.

Your highschool pic was so adorable! It is so fun to reminisce.

Very glad your brother has a new pet and is doing well.

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents