Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy New Year from the Jochums

Our family would like to extend a Happy New Year and many blessings to all the bloggers who visit. We had a wonderful week, Donnie managed to get a flight to Atlanta with a connection to Pittsburgh, then rented a car and drove back to NYC. His flight was cancelled until next Monday and he was lucky to get what he did. He made the trip home safely and as a mother, I worried about the 8 hour car drive, but he is fine, just a little tired. Chris is still here and we are making candy. She wanted a lesson on making Martha Washington balls, so we made them and now only have to dip them. I can't tell you how great it felt having them all here, but the day after Christmas, things did not go well. Chris's boyfriend planned a getaway on Christmas day and broke up with her the day after. He just walked out with only telling Al bye. How rude is that of a grown man, to leave my daughter at her family home. He waited until all my family left to do this and had it planned by calling some friends in Arkansas to pick him up here. I have no respect for anyone who would do such an awful thing to my daughter. He could have acted like a man and told us something, but chose the cowardly way of breaking up with her. Needless to say, many tears were cried while I consoled my daughter. She is better today and is over him and will get on with her life. He left early so he could move out before she returns on Monday. What a total jerk.
But he will never take the memories away that we shared, so all is good and forgiven as far as I am concerned. She deserves better than that. Below is a picture of my family and the guy on the left is David who walked out. I wish a Happy New Year filled with Blessings to everyone. Hugs, Pat

2 comments:

a Pocket Angel said...

Pat, I LOVE the family photos!
Sounds like you & the family had a lovely holiday...Hope you have a very Happy New Year!
God bless you sweet lady, Mary

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Love your family group photo, although if that guy had done that to MY daughter he would be cut out of that picture!!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents