Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas is over for us and now it's down to business

Life sure can make some turns that aren't expected. I have been moving things I don't need right now and moving the rest into my moms shop which is an apartment now. I will be staying a few more months untill Al finishes up the shop. We have the big house just about finished and it looks great. Wish we could afford to pay the $700 rent because I have always loved the house. Putting in a new heating system and there is a huge heater in the apartment. They are going to put in a bath and run some gas lines for hot water.

Next year we are only putting up 3 trees. I already gave my brother 3 and stilll have another one to undecorate, then we will purchase a big tree and just changed the theme each year. It's getting too hard on my back to put all 8 trees up, plus the little 4 ft. trees. My brother decorates the outside of his house, like I do the inside and it's really pretty at night. People drive from every where to look at the decorations and he even has a memorial tree for my mom and dad, because my dad loved Christmas so much and we really missed them this year with all the family together.

Chris's EX has moved out, but left a few things for her, like the guitar he bought her. She was a little sad Saturday, but has gotten over it and will get on with her life. She said she has some good memories of her and 'David and doesn't want to dwell on the negative---that's my daughter and she is always in a happy mood.
I hope everyone who got snow is keeping warm. We only got some Cajun snow-rain and it was nasty yesterday, but we managed to move some furniture before the rain came down. I hope you all have a nice day.

3 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi, Pat! Love seeing that pic of your sweet family. Glad your daughter is ready to move on! She deserves so much better. Don't work too hard. Hope you are feeling well.

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

The Urban Chic said...

Thanks Stephanie, she is doing well and is getting on with her life. She has been taken out out to eat every night since she returned by her girlfriends and guy friends, so she is not lonely. She has a great circle of friends who love her, so I try not to worry too much about her. Big Hugs, Pat

a Pocket Angel said...

Pat, Thanks for your email I received today.
So sorry to hear you lost everything on your computer! How awful. I'll try and spread the word.
Hope you get things fixed real soon.
Hugs & much love ~Mary~