Thursday, February 3, 2011

A little sleet for us

Well I wanted snow, but all we are getting is some freezing rain and sleet. There is a chance for some snow flurries tomorrow, but we will wait and see. Schools are closed and waiting to see if the post office closes. The vehicles aren't designed to drive on icey roads, so I am thinking they will close.

I am so excited about the extension of my craft room. Al is taking vacation for a week in March and is going to do as much as he can on the room. I have a lot of my extra things packed in the storage room he built. My dream is finally coming true.

Confession time. I had started smoking again and it was making me sick and I have finally quit and can say that it feels really great and don't have to freeze to go smoke. I did smoke in our computer room because I didn't want my things to stink and I'm glad to say they don't. But I feel great and just praying now that my stress test goes well and my blockage hasn't gotten any worse and require surgery. Guess that is what scared me into quitting. I had 60% blockage in a main artery and 40% in the left one and that is not a good thing. Just the thought of having to open me up scares me. So this one, I only have myself to blame and I am such a fool to think that I am super woman and nothing will hurt me.

I hope I get to take some pictures for y'all to see. I am so jealous of the snow pictures I have seen, but don't like what happened in Chicago's Lakeshore drive. I can't imagine being stuck in my vehicle or bus for 9 hours. And now they have another blast of snow coming their way. I pray every gets through this.

We have our house in the country rented so I have to move into the small housse which is fine with me. Less to clean and it's only for a short time before I move back here. I told Al I wasn't coming back until he had my craft room built. He has procastenated long enough and I know love should not be built on such things, but you have to know him before you can understand him. This was a promise he made to me 4 years ago and something always gets in the way----his excuses have run out and I want my room. Am I being too "biatchy"??????????? I do love him, but trust has to be rebuilt before I move back with him. I thought it would be sooner, but things happen.
Well going crawl back under my throw. Have a great day and a safe one. Hugs, Pat

2 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi, Pat. Just wanted to let you know that I'm staying at my daughter's. She is sick with vertigo and I'm helping with all the kids. No school here this week either. Solid ice came thru here about 8 hrs. after I arrived. I'll be here til it all thaws. I intend on staying til Bree is well anyway. We expect more snow in the middle of the night. Lost power yesterday and had a frozen pipe in the utility room, but all is well.

I'm so glad to read that you are feeling so much better after your epidural. Please take care!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

The Urban Chic said...

Stephanie, glad you are helping your daughter=I hate it when I get bouts of vertigo---I usually spend a few days in bed, but the meds I am taking have helped it stay away.
We have ice also and so far, no broken pipes. Tell your daughter I will say prayers that she is better soon. Love and hugs, Pat