Monday, September 10, 2007

More treasures



















I could really take a nap right now. It's raining but I have the plumbers here putting in the new hot water heater, then hopefully I can light a fire under Brenda and get the tile done. I found some black velvet curtains to use for the shower, but need to find some really cool trim to sew along the edges.



These are just a smidgen of the beads mom had. I found a packet of swaroski(sic) crystals, so going to get some sterling silver findings and make a bracelet with them.


I also have 4 containers filled with silk rosettes.















I found a cool cupcake basket ornament that I want to try and make with crepe paper and paper mache---mom had a big block of it. But look what my son got me in the French Quarter when he visited last. I think I could make these. It looks like old dictionary paper on the cone with a chalk head.













These are some of the treasures I found in a jar with mom's beads. Some had rhinestones missing, so I fixed some. I think I am going to put them on hats this winter and maybe make some earrings out of some.





































I got this little shadow box at Goodwill for 59cents and just loved it when I saw it.




2 comments:

a Bohemian Market said...

Pat:
That cone and paper mache head is so cool your son gave to you!!!
I am making cones right now with vintage music sheets; so I hope yu will show us when you make yours.
You are ahving fun : )
Cheers
carole

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sooooooo many things to drool over!!!!