Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm still here


I'm still here, just busy unpacking and organizing things---it's what I do best. But lack of energy has taken its toll on my body and I find myself resting a lot lately. Diabetes sucks!


On a better note, I got some more wonderful treasures from mom's house. We seperated the jewelry and I will soon post some of the things I got. I did remember other old pieces when we started finding, but they are no longer there. I got old sequins, tons of pins for them, rhinestones, beautiful old earrings with just one there. There were pieces that I didn't want when it was my turn to pick, so they let me put some broken jewelry (3 pieces each time) as one of my picks. There is just too much to list, but it's all going to be fun when Spring Fever hits me. There are some old Leggs eggs and I am just wondering what I could do with them---maybe it will come to me in my sleep, which has been great lately. I suffer my insomnia, but find myself in bed before midnight. I do miss that because most of my creations have come in the wee hours of the morning.


Next week, we are seperating the angels and dolls from mom's collection, then the furniture, which isn't going too good right now. I would love to have her old dining room set, but everyone wants it, so they are breaking up the set. Brenda said if she got it, she may sell me the old one she has and even though I am not into dark furniture, my china would look fab in it.


I am getting excited about my trip to Vancouver, Wa in May. My daughter has a vintage shop and she is taking me to estates sales with her. I already told her to look for vintage Christmas things for me and I will trade her some jewelry for her shop. I have one piece I got at Goodwill that she is interested in, so bringing that with me on the trip. She really wants me to stay 3 weeks and I am still undecided about that, but I know we would have a great time and maybe seeing a dr there that practices natural medicine. I already told my pain management dr about it and he said to go for it, but to keep in mind that there is nothing they can do for my spine, which I will. I just don't want to be one of the old tiny ladies you see bent over with a walker.


Well, I am going back to some unpacking. I still don't have my Easter decorations out and it's depressing at the moment, but with Easter just weeks away, I hardly see the point. My crafting friends who know me, know how much I love decorating for the seasons. I will be gone for a day or 2, but will check in as soon as I return.


Send me some energy! Hugs and Wishes, Pat

3 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Here's some energy..
now GO get em girl!!
Grab life by the horns..
love ya
Deena

Joyce said...

Hey Pat,
I've been wondering about you and how you were doing. It's good to see you back up and going. I do wish you some strength.....so take some vitamins and get your rest. Even though your creativity flows in the "wee hours"....it will come to you when it is the "right" time.
See you in a few days again....hope you get alot done.
Be blessed,
Joyce
Hey, Suzie's show is at Oak Alley this coming weekend. I can't go but wanted to remind you incase you were interested. :-)

Nettie said...

G'day mate,
Sending you loads of excess Aussie energy from "down under"
I'm sure you'll have a great time with your daughter.
Take care.
Love Nettie