Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First New Day of the rest of my Life







Today is a much brighter day, thanks to your comments. I want to share some of my dads flowers that he took very good care of but the crab grass is smothering everything right now.








I love the bearded iris and I hope to find one soon. I know it's too late to look for tubers, but there are plenty of nurseries so I am hoping I will find one or a piece of the tuber.





This day lily is beautiful in real life. It looks and feels like velvet and was hoping they would let me divide one.













Now peonies are very difficult to grow in the deep south, but somehow, my dads green thumb did it.

As you can see a dandelion wanted space also. There are 2 others but my brother didn't know it was a flower and put a board on top, so they almost died, but they didn't bloom.











Dad has a huge variety of amarillas and he started many from seeds, which I have some huge containers of he gave us, but will have to wait until next year to see what
kind they are.



Gardening was my favorite things to do, but with my spine and hip, it's difficult to keep up and Al let it really let my garden go to pot-lol




An older lady gave me a piece of Seven Sisters rose vine and I hope that it grows like hers.
















Now this is a favorite of mine, but it wasn't trained as it should have been and they won't let me touch it. I did take some cuttings and hope that they take.


I have the perfect place for it, so hopefully it will take.












You can barely see the hummer in the picture but it's on the right side with just his tail poking out. I sat out one day and watched as they fought over the feeder instead of sharing it. I never quite understood some of the pictures I've seen with the feeders loaded with hummers.













I finally realized that you have to put your pictures in last to first, so maybe someday I

will catch on to the art of blogging.






























So I hope you all enjoy your day. I have a small section outside I want to clean up before I walk to the eye doctor. Please keep me in your prayers that I don't have cataracts. I am afraid of having eye surgery more than anything, so hoping that the film over my eyes is nothing.



























4 comments:

a Pocket Angel said...

Hello Pat! Its good to hear you are doing a bit better..Glad it's a BRIGHTER day for you today. Hang in there. I know just what you are going through!
The flowers are so beautiful, thanks for the photos.
Hugs & much love to you sweet lady! ~Mary~

Julie said...

The flowers are really pretty. I feel badly for what you are going through.. and I have felt some of those feelings too. I had so much anger inside of me once that I told God if He wanted me to forgive this person...He would have to put it in me to forgive her because I knew on my own accord - it would not happen. God heard me and gave me what I asked for and I am a happier person because of it.

Time will heal some wounds, but not all of them. You have to do some of the work yourself.

SweetAnnee said...

Well I'm so glad you're better.
love your pics and I do see your hummer!!
woohoo

keep smiling.
deena

Anonymous said...

Oh Pat, hope you are feeling better. I just got a snip of seven sisters myself today. I ran home to put the little stick in some water. I hope it roots! take care and good luck with your roses, Susie h