Monday, February 23, 2009

Love is a beautiful gift


I had the Most wonderful day yesterday. Carol's daughter needed a ride to go to the hospital to see baby Kaden, so I told her I would take her. Well if you know me, I have a very soft heart and I haven't held a newborn baby in a very long time, especially one so tiny. Now I know how the Grinch must have felt when his heart got so big. The picture above says it all---I fell in love at first sight and since I have no grand babies of my own to spoil, guess who will be???? I also got to witness what a great job Carol has done being a single mom raising 2 girls, one now in college and one with a baby who is growing into a young adult who will be a great mom. If I lived closer, I would love to be able to babysit Kaden while Victoria finishes school. As I watched her feed her baby, I saw a love that no one can deny. I am like Carol, I am so proud of this young girl that I met over 7 years ago. They need all the prayers and support so I am asking all of you to please say a financial prayer for them because they are having a rough time. I know in my heart that God will provide for them, but there are a few things that God can't come down and do Himself, so He sends angels to help with repairs and things. I always wondered why God allowed me to live and for what purpose I had in life besides being a good mom and wife. I finally got my answer. Thank you Lord for all your blessings.

Also could you please keep my friend Bryan in your prayers. He came for a visit today and things are not so great since Pop died the day after Christmas.

The baby shower was great on Saturday and there were soooo many people, but it was really fun and she got lots of wonderful things. One of the games they played, was really fun to watch. Victoria picked 6 people she wanted to play, but I had to decline because my lungs are not strong enough to suck on a baby bottle---the fun would have been picking me up off the floor.

Well I am going back to reading my new magazine we picked up yesterday---I finally got a copy of Artful Blogger, so maybe I can learn a few things. Have a wonderful night and may God bring you peaceful sleep for a beautiful day tomorrow. Love and Hugs, Pat

7 comments:

Knitty said...

Awwww, glad you got to hold the wee one.

Let us know what you think of the Artful Blogger. I've looked at, but I was in a hurry and wasn't sure I wanted to spend the bucks on it.

Carol said...

Pat> Thank you so much for bringing Victoria to see Kaden Sunday. She had a wonderful day and enjoyed spending the time with you (her granny) as much as she loved being with Kaden. She was so excited when she got home and said that the others may have their Nae-Nae (my sister) but she had someone more special in her Granny Pat. She also loved all of the scrapping papers and was showing them to me with plans of each.
Update on my blog....

The Urban Chic said...

Knit, I really wasn't excited about this issue, but hopefully the next one will inspire me to buy it again.
Carol, thanks gf. We did have a great time and I want you to know that I am not trying to "steal" your daughter-lol. We just had a great time and hopefully, you will come next time. We could use a girl's day out. Love Ya'll, Pat

the author said...

Wow! Congrats to Carol on her new grand :) Babies are soooo sweet!!!

a Pocket Angel said...

Pat, Oh what an adorable photo! Such a precious baby..
What fun you will all have with that sweet baby..
Blessing to all of you ~Mary~ :-}

SweetAnnee said...

Oh that is one teeny baby..and sweet as can be..
I'd just melt if I could hold him.

fondly, Deena

Amy said...

What a sweet baby!!!!! Who can resist holding a new bay??!
Amy