Saturday, November 7, 2009

More Thrift Finds

This picture frame was the same color as the phone and it weighs just about 4lbs. It is heavy and not sure what kind of metal it's made from. The crystal top I got at an estate sale and most of the things they had were Waterford and Lenox and since the bottom was missing, they put it on the fill a bag for $3 and I scooped it up---I think I may have a bottom that it will fit on. Don't you just love the purse phone and it works great. It's from the 70s, but sure wish it were pink. I think I am going to try and make some pink fabric ornaments like the ones I bought. Since it took so long to download the pictures, I will try some more tomorrow.























Well I have been packing things to send back to Crowley and waiting to hear if I can move out of here. Yesterday, my doctor said I needed to get away from the stress and future assaults. I will have a mess to clean up when I get back, but that's okay. I had to spend the night Wednesday and I cried when I left, knowing they may all be here today.










I still haven't figured out how to post after each picture, so I am just going to post the pictures and leave it to you to know what they are. I love re-doing things and now that I have learned to wire lamps, I am collecting wonderful pieces to make some.










A girl I grew up with lost her 21 year old grandson, who finally succumbed to MD. By the time they tried to intubate him, he died. She lost her husband last year and they had raised Robbie since he was a baby. The mom had another girl who had cancer in her eyes, so she gave them up, so she could live her life with drugs. So sad. Last night, I brought her some pecans and she started crying and it just broke my heart. Robbie was a child of God and we know that he is in Heaven with a new body that is free from disease. Please pray for Ruby and her family.










4 comments:

Connie said...

Great finds, chick!

But so sad for your friend. Recently I just broke down and cried and cried one night while Love Bunny comforted me. Just one of those nights I guess. We all need a good cry once in a while.

xoxo,
Connie

The Urban Chic said...

Connie, thanks for your sweet comment. Yes, crying can get rid of lots of toxins also. Right now I could use a good one. Love and hugs, Pat

ThriftyAnnabella said...

So sorry to hear about your friends loss. Love the phone BTW. Crowley Louisiana??? - just curious - we're around Oakdale.

Nettie said...

Wow...very "groovy" phone...so sorry to hear about your friend. Getting away from the stress would definitely be a good thing for your health.
Take care