Friday, May 7, 2010

More Thrift finds that were packed away

Well before I could finish Blog posted my post without me even being in the room. I walked out while a picture was downloading and I came back and it said my  post was posted, View Blog. Wierd! So here are the rest of the photos.
This is a picture that my sister gave back to me because well I don't know why, but it hurt. Such a childish thing to do, in my opinion.



Things I will be selling






Most of the silver ware is from Rogers and Rogers and Oneida and American silver company. I didn't want to clean them up because a lot of people like the old vintage look and these are old, I have already looked them up at Barnes and Noble.
This is the DVD cabinet I am working on and hope to have it finished soon, so I can put my DVDs away. I have it primed already, so just need to paint.

Going to take a few days off this weekend to work on some frames and the cabinet. The frames are some I did with gallery glass a very long time ago, so I am redoing them for my kitchen window. Al is going to join 4 together and if they don't fit in the window, he is going to put all 8 together and build a cabinet and use them as the door. He's is starting to dig up plants where my new walk in closet is going and that has to be done before he can start on the shop--I have to have a place to store the things that are in my small shop. The closet will actually be 2 parts, one half for a closet and the other half for a sitting area so I can watch the humming birds and other little creatures that stop for a drink of water. It will be a total of 20 X8 and he has the money saved to do the entire shell. I can't wait, because now my garden will look different also. That's the one thing I miss the most and going to beg my doctor and see if I can sit and plant things.
I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day. Myself, I can't wait for it to be over with. It's very hard without my children here and my mom gone, so nothing special is planned. My youngest son and family will probably go to his mils, yes I come second, but I love my dil, so I see her a little more often than her mom. Love and hugs to all of you.

No comments: