Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm back

Well I took a few days off from my blog and worked on the last of the Cancer Aid bingo things. Everyone in the Ladies Auxillary were very excited about everything I did. So praying that they make over $3000 like the last one. One lady donated a beautiful cross stitched angel that they are selling chances on and I am going to buy some on the day of the bingo. It will be beautiful and fit right in with my decor of my bedroom. I know it should be done by now, but still waiting to see when they buy me out.  I have talked with one sister and one brother and it was very pleasant. I told them both I wanted all the drama left behind, because I am too happy to have any more cast upon me. With surgeries around the corner, I don't need this and I wish that my other sister would talk to me and not about what happened or who is to blame. Just bury the hatchet and go from their. I believe our relationship was too good to just throw it all away. I am so used to having her with me through my surgeries and I cried about that when my younger sister visited.











In the mean time, I have been working on other things also and now am free to work on my next giveaway. I 2 faux stained glass panels to hang in my room or they may become doors for a cabinet. I also found the lamp at Goodwill and got it for a bargain price. I love the Victorian look of it and not sure if or how old it is, but it will be sold with new wiring, but no shade, so that they may pick their own shade.
Sorry about the huge space between the pictures and this part of my post. It has been raining every day for over a week and we are very tired of it, but it is supposed to end tomorrow and then just heat in the 90s. I still go outside to get some rays, but not for very long, because one of my meds says to stay out of the sun or I could burn faster than normal and I already burn easily, including fingers burned with hot glue-lol.
Last night Al gave me money to go play bingo for him so I picked up a girlfriend and we both won $150,so that was good and we had a great time together. Her other best friend doesn't want her to have any other friends and Jan is just a little tired of her drama. Don't people know that being happy makes you healthier. I know it's working for me and I see the difference in Jan.
Well I have some little baskets to wrap and make bows for them, so I hope you all have a great day. Please pray for all of us on the gulf coast as things are really bad. Seafood will be hard to get and it has already gone up in price and I love shrimp scampi, so now that will be a luxury for me. Love and hugs, Pat

3 comments:

Denise said...

Breaks my heart to see the pictures of the Gulf.. I just cannot bear to see those beautiful creatures of God dying in that oil.. I will pray for you sweet friend as your face your surgeries.. I may not be around much but I pray much!

Your items are very beautiful.. I love love love stained glass.....

Connie said...

Yep, sweetpea, you can borrow the picture. I'm not too territorial when it comes to that. But you are the 2nd or 3rd one to ask me to use it. LOL
xoxo,
Connie

Mary said...

Hello Pat, Stopping by to see when your surgery was? Praying for the Gulf and all the Animals.
We need clean water for all living things! We are getting some much needed rain today:) Have fun painting and have a good weekend. Love and Hugs, Mary:)