Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Things I made for Cancer Aid

As you can see I have been really busy making things for the Cancer Aid Bingo which is in 2 weeks. I still have 2 things to finish, then next week, bake some cakes and cupcakes. I have already brought 4 boxes of things for the raffle tables and I am feeling really good about doing this. I have been doing this for 3 years now and every time the Ladies Auxillary has a Cancer Aid bingo, they know they can count on my---patting myself on the back. It's hard to be humble when you give so much and the ladies who belong to the auxillary don't really do anything, but come to the bingo. Guess that is better than not doing anything. I want to join, but Al didn't serve overseas, but I could join under my brother, but that is going to take some doing. I have to have his DD214 in order to join the VFW. I can join the Amercian Legion Auxillary, but I would prefer to belong to the group whose spouses have and are fighting overseas. As I posted earlier, I take pride in supporting the men,women,and their families and it makes my heart feel good. I was really joking about patting myself on the back. I really am a humble person, but no one is here to see me blush, so I am fine with joking about it. The ladies are so thankful and we also donated a queen size quilt that my mom started. It's a patriotic quilt and another lady finished it for me, so they will sell chances for that. My mom was a great giver and she made 85 lap quilts for the new VA retirement home in Jennings and has always given a lot for the bingos. When 911 happened,my mom sold over 2,000 pins to support our country and raised over $2,000. I have my mom's certificate of gratitude they gave her when she did this. She went to a lot of the events, so I'm not really sure she was a member or not.
Today, do a random act of kindness to someone you meet on the street or store---a smile is the best gift you can give someone. Love and hugs, Pat






























God gave me a little talent, so I try to use it the way He would want me to. I don't have a car, so this is my way of volunteering and doing community service.

5 comments:

Knitty said...

You've been busy! I'm sure there is always a group who would welcome your contributions.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Pat, how very sweet of you! I love all the things you are creating ~ especially the red/wh/blue baskets! All are lovely. You have such a BIG HEART, and I feel blessed to call you my friend!

Thanks so much for posting my sidebar button on your blog! I'm thrilled that you are going to join us on the 25th, and doubly honored that you chose my party to be your first! I can't wait to see what everyone shares!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

The Urban Chic said...

Thanks ladies for stopping by. You have made my day off to a good start. Love and hugs, Pat

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Pat you are very talented!
That is so sweet of you to make such beautiful treats.
I am sure they will be very much appreciated!

God Bless, Dolly

P.S. thanks for becoming a follower!

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR PAT,
I MEANT TO TELL YOU WHEN I LEFT A COMMENT ON YOUR DOLL POST, I THOUGHT IT WAS A LOVELY THING YOU DID WITH MAX. 18 YEARS IS A LONG TIME TO NUTURE AND LOVE A SPECIAL PET. I DON'T THINK THE WHITE LAB COATS WILL COME.
YOU ARE SUCH A GENEROUS LADY AND IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU INHERITED IT FROM YOUR MOTHER...WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GIFT TO INHERIT.
I THINK THAT SOMETIMES PEOPLE JUST BECOME COMPLACEMENT AND JUST EXPECT THAT THE SAME PERSON WILL COME THROUGH ALWAYS.
WHEN I WAS IN 9TH GRADE- 11TH I WAS IN THE LEGIONETTES COLOR GUARD AND I WAS POSITIONED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE FLAG. I LOVE THE AMERICAN LEGION.
THE LORD BLESS YOU FOR ALL YOU DO.
HUGS AND BLESSINGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE