Thursday, October 14, 2010

Finally got our insurance check

Hello everyone in blogland. Sorry I havn't been here, but there is a lot going on since the fire. We are going today to buy the stove and vent and look at wallpaper. The painting and wallpaper will have to wait until after Christmas, because I don't want my kitchen a mess when my children come in for Christmas.

My son, Donnie, is off to go to Berlin again on the 28th. He loved it so much and didn't get to tour as much as he wanted, so he decided to go back for 4 days. Lucky him.

I've been busy working on items for a bingo benefit again and this time it is for one of my cousins who died from cancer. He was in his 30s and they didn't have children. One of my other cousins is in the same position. His wife can't have children, but loves all the nieces and nephews. I pray for a miracle and just have to wait and see if it happens.

Well nothing else going on in my boring life right now except trying to get my kitchen back in working order---which means I will have to cook again. Oh well, I love making gumbo and soup to store in the freezer, so that will probably be the first thing I cook, except for my beef cheese casserole.  Hope you have a great weekend. Sorry no pictures again. I need to get busy with Christmas cards and if those who visit me frequently would send me your addresses, I would appreciate it. My email is patnal10@bellsouth.net. that is what I use for business only and the other that most of you have is my private email with no spam. Love and hugs, Pat

5 comments:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Hope you are doing alright. Thank you for always visiting me. I really appreciate it.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I have read on and am so sorry for your memory loss and fire. I'll be thinking of you.

The Urban Chic said...

Thanks Ele, that means a lot to me. It has been hard on me and I have to admit that I am a little scared now, but someone gave me a great suggestion---when I cook, I will carry a timer with me when I leave the kitchen. Stupid way to get a new kitchen. Pat

Amy said...

Glad it was not worse and everyone was safe. Your new kitchen will be something to look forward to. Keep a smaile and keep blogging- it's good therapy!!
Amy

Amy said...

ooops, of course I meant 'smile'. I did not proof read... Darn it!
Amy