Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas cards I am making

Well the crafting bug has hit me finally and I've been working on Christmas cards to send to friends and family. Here are just 8 of the cards that I made. I didn't have the others with me to scan. All  opinions are welcome.











I cannot bead on cards anymore and it breaks my heart because a lady wants all I can make, so going to give it a try, but my eyes are no longer capable of seeing tiny little beads and It's what I love the best. Maybe I am out of practice and need more time to get back into the swing of things, but I think the lady wants all of these, so I have to get busy. She want the others I made also, so I hope that still leaves me time to get more made. I have so much free time, but my hands shake and it took me forever to get a tiny brad into one of the cards. I have tried every magnifying thing there is and it just doesn't help, but make me nauseous. Hope you enjoy seeing these. Love and hugs, Pat

4 comments:

Denise said...

Cute cards! Maybe just a little more practice and you will be able to use the little beads...

Nettie said...

Love all your cards Pat...you've done a great job on them all...I have had to buy Christmas cards this year as there have been too many things going on to have any time to sit & make cards, unfortunately.
Have had to put John's mother into 24hr high level nursing home care now as she's too frail to fend for herself in her own home. She's 89yrs old so has done quite well for herself up till now. We are also kept busy going through her house to tidy it up & get it ready to be rented to help cover the expenses associated with the nursing home care.
Love Nettie

The Urban Chic said...

Denise, going to give it a try today and see if I can catch the beads to sew them on the cards. My nails get in the way, so I may cut them back to craft.
Nettie, sorry to hear about John's mother. I will say some prayers for her. Hope renting the house will help. Love and hugs,Pat

The Urban Chic said...

Nettie, I am sure people will understand that you can't make cards this year. I know when my mom died, I didn't want to do anything, but everyone said I needed to do it because my dad was big on Christmas and he loved coming to my house. When he saw all the decorations, it brightened his day, so I decorated just a little the next year. This year, I did it for my children, but I didn't put up all my decorations--just not enough room anymore. I would love to sell our house and buy a bigger one, but this one is plenty big enough year round.