Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Tale of the Big Screen

I knew someday that we would end up with a monster sized TV in our living room, but was hoping it wouldn't happen until after Christmas. So Al got his gift early-a huge 42 inch TV and it has to sit on my electric fireplace until we can get the entertainment center that I want, so here I am trying to decorate for Christmas and the only thing I can put on the fireplace is my garland. Very upsetting for me, but he's too sweet of a man not to let him have a new toy for football season. I have to admit that I do like watching it, but not looking at it, if you know what I mean, so the hunt is on for my Christmas gift so that maybe the thing can be disguished. I do have my trees out and some of them remain decorated and bags put over them after Christmas, so the hard part comes next. What do I use this year, because I am not decorating as much as I did the last couple of years. I need walking space for my children and I don't want my daughter's boyfriend to think he has visited a Christmas shop instead of our home. At least I will have plenty time to  bake cookies this year and share them with friends and our neighbor who looks after our house when we go out of town.

My photos will probably look almost like the previous ones, but with less, so I hope that Deena has her Christmas tour again. If not, you can visit my Christmas blog.
We have finally gotten the rain we prayed for, but now it's time for it to stop. It didn't bring cool weather with it, so I don't want it. It's hot and humid, which is a natural part of South Louisiana.
Wishing you all a wonderful day. Hope you had fun on Halloween. Now it's time for Thanksgiving and I will decorate my table for that, but the rest is Christmas, which will take until December 1st to finish. Love, hugs, and prayers,Pat

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Oh my goodness...boys & their toys...they do like their big screen TV's...hahaha

Our daughter & new son-in-law have just bought themselves a 55inch Sony brand TV.

Hard to believe it's not long till Christmas...Where has the time gone?

Look forward to seeing your Christmas decorations.

Love Nettie

The Urban Chic said...

Thanks Nettie for stopping by. Oh if he would have bought a 55" I would have screamed. Young people I can understand because they all have football parties, but Al just wanted it to watch football and other sports. Things are going slow with the decorating. Didn't realize how much pain can come from bending and stretching, because it's been over 2 years since I last decorated. Oh the pain if horrific, so instead of working on the gingerbread kitchen today, I am taking a break and doing my Wizard of Oz tree---it's small so very little stretching or bending. I will wait for Al to help in the kitchen. Can't wait to see yours also. Love Ya, Pat