Monday, October 6, 2008

Prayers needed tonight and tomorrow

Well today I have decided that I need to make a prayer blog. So much is happening with friends and family and I want to keep this blog for happy things. Please give me your thoughts on this.

My "almost" father in law is very frail and he suffered a stroke and he also has Alzheimer's, but after visiting him yesterday, I was excited that he recognized me and called me Pat. Now today when I return at 6, he may not, because it comes and goes. I think he will remember me because I hold a strong past to him, his son Garland that I have spoken about. I challenged him to a game of poker tonight, but he wants to play $100 a hand. I had to laugh and said that was too rich for my blood. He is a sweetheart and I love this man like he was my fil. So please keep him in your prayers. Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease and with 7 of his children still living, not to mention the many grandchildren, great grandchildren and even a couple of great,great grandchildren. I am hoping they will allow us to bring in a camera---you have to check in your purse before allowed behind locks door, for safety reasons.

Also a friend, Erica, will be under going surgery tomorrow morning at Tulane in New Orleans for kidney cancer. Eric, her husband is going to call me as soon as she gets out of surgery, so we are hoping it hasn't spread to the other or anywhere else.

Well I am off to shower after painting, then to the hospital. Will check in later. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Pat

4 comments:

the author said...

Thinking of you and those you care about...

Caroline said...

I am saying some prayers. I think a prayer blog would be a great idea!

The Urban Chic said...

Thanks Smooch and Caroline for your thoughts. I think I am going to go ahead and do another blog for all my special friends and bloggers who need prayers and support. Love and Hugs, Pat

Julie said...

Oh - I pray that your friend and family all stay on the road to recovery and good health for a set of wonderful holidays!