Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Beautiful day and good news


My friend is doing okay---he has pneumonia and it was a good thing he was with someone or he would have died alone. He was cracking jokes in ICU, so at least he hasn't lost his humor. I will be checking on him daily and helping him get meals brought to his home. As a bachelor for too long, his house is a mess, so I am going to get my cousin who cleans houses to help me---to much dust for someone on 100% oxygen. Going back this afternoon to visit him and then check on his house. He lives 2 blocks from me, so the walk will be good. I am hoping we can get him home health care and Al is going to build a ramp for his scooter, so he can get out and get some fresh air.


Well I am off to do some more decorating. With the Christmas music on and the cool weather we are having, it's perfect for me. Some peppermint hot chocolate would be good also. Having shrimp and okra gumbo, which is a staple in Southwest Louisiana, for supper, along with some Texas Toast. I usually fix potato salad, but with the price of mayo, it's almost become a luxury. Have a great day everyone. Love and Hugs, Pat

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Goodness....well you have had a LOT going on. Sorry about your friend. I have TWO people in the hospital here right now....so much to deal with.
I wish I had some gumbo. HA! I'm too lazy to make it right now and have a super busy week starting.....today. HA!
However...Miss Priss made some "Shrimp and Corn" soup yesterday and it is to DIE for.
Keep warm and don't over do it.
See ya!
Joyce

the author said...

I'm glad your friend is "ok" and it wasn't worse...

I would die for some authentic gumbo!!!! Instead, I keep the boxed Zattarrains (sp?) stuff in the cupboard.

Nettie said...

Good news that your friend is doing a lot better...enjoy your Christmas music & decorating.
It's getting quite HOT here in Oz now...just like it should be!

The Urban Chic said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. Joyce, you have my mouth watering at the thought of shrimp and corn soup.
Tia, if you want some good ole fashion Rioux, I can send you some.
Nettie, good to see you---keep your hot weather there. Love and Hugs, Pat