Saturday, November 1, 2008

Today is a sad day


Today is going to be a sad day. Dot's funeral is today and they found out her daughter strangled her first with the bat against her neck, then they beat her with it to make sure she had died.


Yesterday I had to drive to the cementary to see if they had finished our parents headstone and granite and I cried. It is so beautiful but they forgot to put the pictures on it. After leaving there, I drove to Lake Arthur for a night of bingo, since I had been staying home. Well I am happy to say that I won $854. Had I bingoed on the progressive sheet, I would have won $10,854 because I won in 51 numbers. Everyone thought that was what I won, but I told them, you would have heard more yelling that I did. I donated $100 to the VFW for their building fund and gave my cousin who was the caller $40. The $154 was extra because I won on a cookie jar number. The jackpot for regular blackout sheets is $700 so now we can do our little bit of Christmas shopping and not take it out of our budget or use plastic. Hooray! Al wants me to go back for another night of relaxing. It was really quiet in bingo last night and for me bingo is relaxing, not like many who feel they must win everytime they go. Even though some consider bingo gambling, I just go to be with a friend and someone must have heard that we needed an attic ladder in our hall, so now we can get it and be able to store things in our attic. I am feeling my luck changing, so I am hoping to win the big jackpot for my addition.


I hope everyone enjoys the beautiful day we are having today. If it's cold where you are, cuddle up under a warm blanket and read a book---it's my favorite form of relaxing. I need to get dressed and then stop for gas---I don't pump gas, so this should be interesting-lol. Prayers, love, and hugs, Pat

4 comments:

Knitty said...

Congratulations on your win!

the author said...

Congrats on bingo!

Nettie said...

Congratulations on your bingo winnings. You surely deserved it.
Love Nettie

Julie said...

Oh - I love to play bingo..but have not done it in years.

I am sorry to hear more distressing news about your friend. It is so disheartening to think that someone she loved did this to her.